Servings : 8 pieces
Differs from Basic Pancake, this is using Buttermilk instead that made them lighter and fluffier. This is become my family favorite recipe from now on, even my 2 year old son who always picky, grabbed 1 ½ pieces of these. His favorite when served with ice cream and chocolate sauce or with scrambled egg and sausage. Well both sweet and salty are yummy..
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat together buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter. Keep the two mixtures separate until you are ready to cook.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Stir until it's just blended together. Do not over stir! Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
- Buttermilk substitute with : 1 cup milk/cream + 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Stir well. Let it sit fir about 10 min until lumps up.
- Let your buttermilk, milk and eggs sit out for an hour before baking to get to room temperature and you'll get increased fluff on these.